half-length(redirected from half-lengths)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
half-length(hăf′lĕngkth′, -lĕngth′, lĕnth′, häf′-)
A portrait that shows only the upper half and hands of a person.
1. Of or relating to a half-length portrait.
2. Of half the full length.
1. (Art Terms) (of a portrait) showing only the body from the waist up and including the hands
2. of half the entire or original length
(Art Terms) a half-length portrait
1. something that is only half a full length or height, esp. a portrait of the upper half of the body, including the hands.adj.
2. of half the complete length or height.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||half-length - a portrait showing the body from only the waist up|
|Adj.||1.||half-length - representing only the upper half of the body; "a half-length portrait"|
|2.||half-length - abridged to half its original length|
abridged - (used of texts) shortened by condensing or rewriting; "an abridged version"