Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to handed: handed off, handed out, handed over, Left handed
1. Of or relating to dexterity, preference, or size with respect to a hand or hands. Often used in combination: one-handed; left-handed; large-handed.
2. Relating to a specified number of people. Often used in combination: a four-handed card game.
3. Of or relating to the mirror-image structure of a chiral molecule.
1. having or involving a hand or hands (usu. used in combination): a two-handed backhand.
2. requiring a specified number of persons.
3. preferring the use of a particular hand (usu. used in combination): right-handed.
4. manned; staffed (usu. used in combination): short-handed.