Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The most dedicated, unfailingly loyal faction of a group or organization: the hard core of the separatist movement.
2. An intractable core or nucleus of a society, especially one that is stubbornly resistant to improvement or change.
1. (Sociology) the members of a group or movement who form an intransigent nucleus resisting change
2. (Civil Engineering) material, such as broken bricks, stones, etc, used to form a foundation for a road, paving, building, etc
3. (of pornography) describing or depicting sexual acts in explicit detail
4. extremely committed or fanatical: a hard-core Communist.
1. the permanent, dedicated, and faithful nucleus of a group or movement, as of a political party.
2. the part of a group that is resistant to change.
3. a form of punk rock played in an intense, harsh, fast style with more emphasis on rhythm than on melody.
1. unswervingly committed; uncompromising: a hard-core conservative.
2. pruriently explicit; graphically depicted: hard-core pornography.
3. being so without apparent change or remedy; chronic: hard-core unemployment.