hatching(redirected from hatchingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Fine lines used in graphic arts to show shading.
2. The process of decorating with such lines.
n., v. -chured, -chur•ing. n.
1. one of a series of short parallel lines drawn on a map to indicate topographic relief.
2. shading composed of such lines; hatching.v.t.
3. to indicate or shade by hachures; hatch.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||hatching - the production of young from an egg|
|2.||hatching - shading consisting of multiple crossing lines|
shading - graded markings that indicate light or shaded areas in a drawing or painting