herbarium(redirected from herbarial)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. her·bar·i·ums or her·bar·i·a (-ē-ə)
1. A collection of dried plants mounted, labeled, and systematically arranged for use in scientific study.
2. A place or institution where such a collection is kept.
[Late Latin herbārium, from Latin herbārius, one skilled in herbs, from Latin herba, herb, vegetation.]
n, pl -iums or -ia (-ɪə)
1. (Botany) a collection of dried plants that are mounted and classified systematically
2. (Botany) a building, room, etc, in which such a collection is kept
her•bar•i•um(hɜrˈbɛər i əm, ɜr-)
n., pl. -bar•i•ums, -bar•i•a (-ˈbɛər i ə)
1. a collection of dried plants systematically arranged.
2. a room or building in which such a collection is kept.
a collection of dried plants, assembled and arranged for botanical study.See also: Botany
Herbariuma collection of dried plants or herbs, 1700.