Also found in: Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Stubbornly prejudiced, narrow-minded, or inflexible.
2. Having abnormally dry, stiff skin that adheres closely to the underlying flesh. Used of domestic animals such as cattle.
3. Having the bark so contracted and unyielding as to hinder growth. Used of trees.
1. restricted by petty rules, a conservative attitude, etc
2. (Zoology) (of cattle, etc) having the skin closely attached to the flesh as a result of poor feeding
3. (Botany) (of trees) having a very tight bark that impairs growth
1. narrow and rigid in opinion; inflexible.
2. extremely conservative.
3. (of a horse, cow, etc.) having the back and ribs bound tightly by the hide.
|Adj.||1.||hidebound - stubbornly conservative and narrow-minded|
conservative - resistant to change