Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to holistic: Holistic approach, holistic healing
1. Of or relating to holism.
a. Emphasizing the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts.
b. Concerned with wholes rather than analysis or separation into parts: holistic medicine; holistic ecology.
1. (Philosophy) of or relating to a doctrine of holism
2. (Medicine) of or relating to the medical consideration of the complete person, physically and psychologically, in the treatment of a disease
1. incorporating or identifying with the principles of holism: holistic psychology.
2. pertaining to or using therapies outside the mainstream of orthodox medicine, as chiropractic, homeopathy, or naturopathy.
In health care, a term used to describe treatments of the whole person: mind, body and spirit.