Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A group of similarly designed houses or apartment buildings, usually planned and constructed by a single developer.
de•vel•op•ment(dɪˈvɛl əp mənt)
1. the act of developing.
2. a significant consequence or event.
3. a developed state or form; maturity.
4. the section of a musical composition in which themes or motifs are developed.
5. a large group of dwellings, often of similar design and constructed as a community, esp. by a real-estate developer.
6. the raising of funds, expansion of activities or opportunities, etc., esp. for an organization or foundation.
[1745–55; < French]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||housing development - a residential area of similar dwellings built by property developers and usually under a single management; "they live in the new housing development"|
development - a district that has been developed to serve some purpose; "such land is practical for small park developments"
housing project, public housing - a housing development that is publicly funded and administered for low-income families