Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A low mound or ridge of earth; a knoll.
2. also ham·mock (hăm′ək) A tract of forested land that rises above an adjacent marsh in the southern United States.
3. A ridge or hill of ice in an ice field.
1. (Physical Geography) a hillock; knoll
2. (Physical Geography) a ridge or mound of ice in an ice field
3. (Physical Geography) Also called: hammock Southern US a wooded area lying above the level of an adjacent marsh
[C16: of uncertain origin; compare hump, hammock]ˈhummocky adj
1. Also, hammock. an elevated tract of land rising above the general level of a marshy region.
2. a knoll or hillock.
3. a ridge in an ice field.
|Noun||1.||hummock - a small natural hill |
hill - a local and well-defined elevation of the land; "they loved to roam the hills of West Virginia"
molehill - a mound of earth made by moles while burrowing