Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A rounded mass or protuberance, such as the fleshy structure on the back of a camel or of some cattle.
2. A deformity of the back in humans caused by an abnormal convex curvature of the upper spine.
3. Vulgar Slang The act or an instance of having sexual intercourse.
a. A low mound of earth; a hummock.
b. A mountain range.
5. Chiefly British A fit of depression; an emotional slump.
v. humped, hump·ing, humps
1. To bend or round into a hump; arch.
a. To exert (oneself).
b. To carry, especially on the back.
3. Vulgar Slang To engage in sexual intercourse with.
1. Slang To exert oneself.
2. Slang To hurry.
3. Vulgar Slang To engage in sexual intercourse.
over the hump
Past the worst or most difficult part or stage: At last I'm over the hump on my term paper.
[Probably of Low German origin.]
humped (hŭmpt) adj.
having a hump; humpbacked.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||humped - characteristic of or suffering from kyphosis, an abnormality of the vertebral column|
unfit - not in good physical or mental condition; out of condition; "fat and very unfit"; "certified as unfit for army service"; "drunk and unfit for service"
adj → buck(e)lig