hunched(redirected from hunchedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. An intuitive feeling or a premonition: had a hunch that he would lose.
2. A hump.
3. A lump or chunk: "She ... cut herself another hunch of bread" (Virginia Woolf).
4. A push or shove.
v. hunched, hunch·ing, hunch·es
1. To bend or draw up into a hump: I hunched my shoulders against the wind.
2. To push or shove.
1. To assume a crouched or cramped posture: The cat hunched in a corner.
2. To thrust oneself forward.
(of a person) leaning forwards with their shoulders raised and their head down, or (of shoulders, etc) in the posture adopted by a hunched person