Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Wedged together at the broken ends. Used of a fractured bone.
2. Placed in the alveolus in a manner prohibiting eruption into a normal position. Used of a tooth.
3. Wedged or packed in, so as to fill or block an organ or a passage: impacted feces.
1. (Dentistry) (of a tooth) unable to erupt, esp because of being wedged against another tooth below the gum
2. (Pathology) (of a fracture) having the jagged broken ends wedged into each other
1. (of a tooth) so confined or positioned in its socket as to be incapable of normal eruption.
2. driven together; tightly packed.
3. densely populated; overcrowded: an impacted school district.