Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. Not perceptible to the touch; intangible.
2. Difficult to perceive or grasp by the mind.
1. imperceptible, esp to the touch: impalpable shadows.
2. difficult to understand; abstruse
im•pal•pa•ble(ɪmˈpæl pə bəl)
1. incapable of being perceived by the sense of touch; intangible.
2. difficult for the mind to grasp readily.
3. (of powder) so fine that when rubbed between the fingers no grit is felt.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||impalpable - incapable of being perceived by the senses especially the sense of touch; "the intangible constituent of energy"- James Jeans|
abstract - existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment; "abstract words like `truth' and `justice'"
|2.||impalpable - imperceptible to the senses or the mind; "an impalpable cloud"; "impalpable shadows"; "impalpable distinctions"; "as impalpable as a dream"|
imperceptible, unperceivable - impossible or difficult to perceive by the mind or senses; "an imperceptible drop in temperature"; "an imperceptible nod"; "color is unperceivable to the touch"
|3.||impalpable - not perceptible to the touch; "an impalpable pulse"|