impressionist(redirected from Impressionists)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Impressionists: French Impressionists
1. An artist, composer, or writer who practices or upholds the theories of impressionism.
2. An entertainer who does impressions.
Of, relating to, or practicing impressionism, especially in painting; impressionistic.
1. (Art Movements) (usually capital) any of the French painters of the late 19th century who were exponents of impressionism
2. (Art Movements) (sometimes capital) any artist, composer, or writer who uses impressionism
3. an entertainer who impersonates famous people
(Art Movements) (often capital) denoting, of, or relating to impressionism or the exponents of this style
im•pres•sion•ist(ɪmˈprɛʃ ə nɪst)
1. a painter, composer, or writer practicing impressionism.
2. an entertainer who does impressions.adj.
3. of or pertaining to artistic impressionism.
[1875–80; < French]
n → Impressionist(in) m(f)