Also found in: Legal.
n. pl. in·an·i·ties
1. The condition or quality of being inane.
2. Something empty of meaning or sense.
n, pl -ties
1. lack of intelligence or imagination; senselessness; silliness
2. a senseless action, remark, etc
in•an•i•ty(ɪˈn?n ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. lack of sense, significance, or ideas; silliness.
2. something inane.
3. shallowness; superficiality.
inanity, inanition - Inanity is intellectual or spiritual emptiness; inanition is the lack of nourishment.
See also related terms for nourishment.