inapt(redirected from inaptitudes)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Inappropriate: an inapt remark.
2. Inept: inapt handling of the project.
1. not apt or fitting; inappropriate
2. lacking skill; inept
inˈaptiˌtude, inˈaptness n
1. not apt or fitting.
2. without aptitude or capacity.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||inapt - not elegant or graceful in expression; "an awkward prose style"; "a clumsy apology"; "his cumbersome writing style"; "if the rumor is true, can anything be more inept than to repeat it now?"|
infelicitous - not appropriate in application; defective; "an infelicitous remark"; "infelicitous phrasing"; "the infelicitous typesetting was due to illegible copy"
1. Not suited to circumstances:
improper, inappropriate, incongruous, inept, malapropos, unapt, unbecoming, unbefitting, unfit, unseemly, unsuitable.
Idiom: out of place.