inboard(redirected from inboards)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Nautical Within the hull or toward the center of a vessel.
2. Relatively close to the fuselage of an aircraft: the inboard engines.
A motor mounted inside the hull of a boat.
1. (Nautical Terms) (esp of a boat's motor or engine) situated within the hull. Compare outboard1
2. (Aeronautics) situated between the wing tip of an aircraft and its fuselage: an inboard engine.
towards the centre line of or within a vessel, aircraft, etc
1. located inside a hull or aircraft.
2. located nearer the center, as of an airplane.
3. (of a motorboat) having the motor inboard.adv.
4. inside or toward the longitudinal axis or center of a hull, aircraft, machine, etc.