incandescence(redirected from incandescency)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The emission of visible light by a hot object.
2. The light emitted by an incandescent object.
3. A high degree of emotion, intensity, or brilliance.
1. (General Physics) the emission of light by a body as a consequence of raising its temperature. Compare luminescence
2. (General Physics) the light produced by raising the temperature of a body
in•can•des•cence(ˌɪn kənˈdɛs əns)
1. the emission of visible light by a body, caused by its high temperature.
2. the light produced by such an emission.
The emission of light by a body which is strongly heated.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||incandescence - the phenomenon of light emission by a body as its temperature is raised|
|2.||incandescence - light from heat|