industrialize(redirected from industrializes)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. in·dus·tri·al·ized, in·dus·tri·al·iz·ing, in·dus·tri·al·iz·es
1. To develop industry in (a country or society, for example).
2. To organize (the production of something) as an industry.
To become industrial.
in·dus′tri·al·i·za′tion (-ə-lĭ-zā′shən) n.
1. (Commerce) (tr) to develop industry on an extensive scale in (a country, region, etc)
2. (Commerce) (intr) (of a country, region, etc) to undergo the development of industry on an extensive scale
inˌdustrialiˈzation, inˌdustrialiˈsation n
in•dus•tri•al•ize(ɪnˈdʌs tri əˌlaɪz)
v. -ized, -iz•ing. v.t.
1. to introduce industry into on a large scale: They industrialized the entire valley.v.i.
2. to undergo industrialization.
Past participle: industrialized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||industrialize - organize (the production of something) into an industry; "The Chinese industrialized textile production"|
|2.||industrialize - develop industry; become industrial; "The nations of South East Asia will quickly industrialize and catch up with the West"|
change - undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature; "She changed completely as she grew older"; "The weather changed last night"
A. VT [+ area, region] → industrializar
B. VI → industrializarse
vti → industrialisieren