enfold(redirected from infolds)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
Related to infolds: lanose, enfolding, enfolded
tr.v. en·fold·ed, en·fold·ing, en·folds
1. To cover with or as if with folds; envelop.
2. To hold within limits; enclose.
3. To embrace.
1. to cover by enclosing
2. to embrace
3. to form with or as with folds
enˈfolder, inˈfolder n
enˈfoldment, inˈfoldment n
1. to wrap up; envelop.
2. to surround with or as if with folds.
3. to hug or clasp; embrace.
4. to form into a fold or folds.
Past participle: enfolded
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||enfold - enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering; "Fog enveloped the house"|
cover - provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
benight - envelop with social, intellectual, or moral darkness; "The benighted peoples of this area"
tube - place or enclose in a tube
engulf - flow over or cover completely; "The bright light engulfed him completely"
sheathe - enclose with a sheath; "sheathe a sword"
cocoon - wrap in or as if in a cocoon, as for protection
bathe - suffuse with or as if with light; "The room was bathed in sunlight"
1. To cover completely and closely, as with clothing or bandages:
2. To surround and cover completely so as to obscure: