ingressive(redirected from ingressiveness)
1. Of, relating to, or involving ingress.
2. Grammar Inchoative.
3. Linguistics Of or being a speech sound produced with an inhalation of breath.
1. of or concerning ingress
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) (of a speech sound) pronounced with an inhalation rather than exhalation of breath
(Phonetics & Phonology) an ingressive speech sound, such as a Zulu click
1. of or pertaining to ingress.
2. (of a speech sound) produced with air being taken into the mouth, as some clicks.