inheritable(redirected from inheritablely)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Capable of being inherited: inheritable traits; inheritable property.
2. Having the right to inherit or the capability of inheriting: an inheritable heir.
1. (Genetics) capable of being transmitted by heredity from one generation to a later one
2. capable of being inherited
3. rare capable of inheriting; having the right to inherit
inˌheritaˈbility, inˈheritableness n
in•her•it•a•ble(ɪnˈhɛr ɪ tə bəl)
1. capable of being inherited.
2. capable of inheriting; qualified to inherit.
[1375–1425; late Middle English < Anglo-French]