Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. The act, process, or practice of insinuating.
2. Something insinuated, especially an artfully indirect, often derogatory suggestion.
1. an indirect or devious hint or suggestion
2. the act or practice of insinuating
in•sin•u•a•tion(ɪnˌsɪn yuˈeɪ ʃən)
1. an indirect or covert suggestion or hint, esp. of a derogatory nature.
2. the art or power of stealing into the affections and pleasing; ingratiation.
3. an act or instance of insinuating.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||insinuation - an indirect (and usually malicious) implication|
implication - an accusation that brings into intimate and usually incriminating connection
|2.||insinuation - the act of gaining acceptance or affection for yourself by persuasive and subtle blandishments; "she refused to use insinuation in order to gain favor"|
An artful, indirect, often derogatory hint: