insolvent(redirected from insolvents)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to insolvents: misogynism
a. Unable to meet debts or discharge liabilities; bankrupt.
b. Insufficient to meet all debts, as an estate or fund.
2. Of or relating to bankrupt persons or entities.
1. (Law) (of a person, company, etc) having insufficient assets to meet debts and liabilities; bankrupt
2. (Law) of or relating to bankrupts or bankruptcy
(Law) a person who is insolvent; bankrupt
1. not solvent; unable to satisfy creditors or discharge liabilities.
2. pertaining to bankrupt persons or bankruptcy.n.
3. a person who is insolvent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||insolvent - someone who has insufficient assets to cover their debts|
|Adj.||1.||insolvent - unable to meet or discharge financial obligations; "an insolvent person"; "an insolvent estate"|
solvent - capable of meeting financial obligations