Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The quality or condition of being insistent; urgency: the instancy of their prayers.
2. Immediacy of occurrence; instantaneousness: the instancy of her response.
1. the quality of being urgent or imminent
2. instantaneousness; immediateness
in•stan•cy(ˈɪn stən si)
1. the quality of being instant; urgency; pressing nature.
[1505–15; < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||instancy - the quickness of action or occurrence; "the immediacy of their response"; "the instancy of modern communication"|
|2.||instancy - the quality of being insistent; "he pressed his demand with considerable instancy"|
urgency - pressing importance requiring speedy action; "the urgency of his need"