Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to intended: intended audience
1. Deliberate; intentional: "He nodded again, so slight a motion that only one who knew him could read it as an intended gesture" (Sabina Murray).
2. Prospective; future: an intended trip abroad next month.
A person whom one intends to marry; a fiancé or fiancée: our daughter and her intended.
planned or future
informal a person whom one is to marry; fiancé or fiancée
1. purposed; intentional: an intended snub.
2. prospective: his intended wife.n.
3. Informal. the person one plans to marry; one's fiancé or fiancée.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||intended - resulting from one's intentions; "your intended trip abroad"; "an intended insult"|
motivated - provided with a motive or given incentive for action; "a highly motivated child can learn almost anything"; "a group of politically motivated men"
planned - designed or carried out according to a plan; "the planned outlays for new equipment"
premeditated - characterized by deliberate purpose and some degree of planning; "a premeditated crime"
unintended - not deliberate
|2.||intended - future; betrothed; "his intended bride"|
1. (Informal) betrothed, fiancé or fiancée, future wife or husband, husband- or wife-to-be Attention is turned to the Queen's youngest son and his intended.
A. ADJ [effect] → deseado
B. N (o.f., also hum) → prometido/a m/f