Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to interior angle: exterior angle
Angles 3, 4, 5, and 6 are interior angles. Angles 3 and 6 are alternate interior angles, as are angles 4 and 5.
1. Any of the four angles formed between two straight lines intersected by a third straight line.
2. An angle formed inside a polygon by two adjacent sides.
1. (Mathematics) an angle of a polygon contained between two adjacent sides
2. (Mathematics) any of the four angles made by a transversal that lie inside the region between the two intersected lines
1. an angle formed between parallel lines by a third line that intersects them.
2. an angle formed within a polygon by two adjacent sides.
Angles 3, 4, 5, and 6 are interior angles.
1. Any of the four angles formed inside two straight lines when these lines are intersected by a third straight line.
2. An angle formed by two adjacent sides of a polygon and included within the polygon. Compare exterior angle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||interior angle - the angle inside two adjacent sides of a polygon|
angle - the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians