interleave(redirected from interleaved)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. in·ter·leaved, in·ter·leav·ing, in·ter·leaves
To provide with interleaves or an interleaf.
1. (often foll by with) to intersperse (with), esp alternately, as the illustrations in a book (with protective leaves)
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) to provide (a book) with blank leaves for notes, etc, or to protect illustrations
v.t. -leaved, -leav•ing.
1. to provide with interleaves.
2. to insert blank leaves between (the regular leaves).
3. to insert something alternately and regularly between the parts of.
Past participle: interleaved
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||interleave - provide (books) with blank leaves|
|2.||interleave - intersperse the sectors on the concentric magnetic circular patterns written on a computer disk surface to guide the storing and recording of data|
intersperse - place at intervals in or among; "intersperse exclamation marks in the text"
|3.||interleave - intersperse alternately, as of protective covers for book illustrations|