intramural(redirected from intramurally)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Existing or carried on within the bounds of an institution, especially a school: intramural athletics.
2. Anatomy Occurring or situated within the wall of a cavity or organ.
1. (Education) education chiefly US and Canadian operating within or involving those in a single establishment
2. (Anatomy) anatomy within the walls of a cavity or hollow organ
in•tra•mu•ral(ˌɪn trəˈmyʊər əl)
1. involving only students at the same school or college.
2. being or occurring within the walls, boundaries, or confines, as of an institution or organization. Compare extramural.
3. being inside the wall surrounding an anatomical organ or cavity.
Located or taking place within the boundaries of a college or university.