Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to iterative: Iterative method, iterative process
1. The act or an instance of iterating; repetition.
2. A form, adaption, or version of something: the latest iteration of a popular app.
3. Mathematics A computational procedure in which a cycle of operations is repeated, often to approximate the desired result more closely.
a. The process of repeating a set of instructions a specified number of times or until a specific result is achieved.
b. One cycle of a set of instructions to be repeated: After ten iterations, the program exited the loop.
1. repetitious or frequent
2. (Mathematics) maths logic another word for recursive. See recursive
3. (Grammar) grammar another word for frequentative
it•er•a•tive(ˈɪt əˌreɪ tɪv, -ər ə tɪv)
1. repeating; making repetition; repetitious.
[1480–90; < Late Latin]
Another word for frequentative.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||iterative - the aspect of the verb that expresses the repetition of an action|
aspect - the beginning or duration or completion or repetition of the action of a verb
|Adj.||1.||iterative - marked by iteration|