1. A large decorative stand or pot for plants or flowers.
2. Diced, cooked vegetables served as a garnish with meat.
[French, from feminine of jardinier, gardener, from Old French, from jardin, garden; see garden.]
1. an ornamental pot or trough for plants
2. (Cookery) a garnish of fresh vegetables, cooked, diced, and served around a dish of meat
[C19: from French, feminine of jardinier gardener, from jardin garden]
jar•di•niere(ˌdʒɑr dnˈɪər, ˌʒɑr dnˈyɛər)
1. an ornamental receptacle or stand for holding plants or flowers.
2. diced and boiled vegetables, used esp. as a garnish.
[1835–45; < French, feminine of jardinier gardener]
n → Blumenbank f