weather eye(redirected from keep a)
Also found in: Idioms.
Related to keep a: keep busy
An ability to recognize quickly signs of changes in the weather.
keep a/one's weather eye open
To keep watch; stay alert.
1. (Physical Geography) the vision of a person trained to observe changes in the weather
2. informal an alert or observant gaze
3. keep one's weather eye open to stay on the alert
1. sensitivity and alertness to signs of change in the weather.
2. astute watchfulness, esp. alertness to change.