keyword(redirected from Keywords)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
key·wordalso key word (kē′wûrd′)
1. A word that serves as a key to a code or cipher.
2. A significant or descriptive word.
3. A word used as a reference point for finding other words or information.
1. a word used as a key to a code
2. any significant word or phrase, esp a word used to describe the contents of a document
or key′ word`,
a word that serves as a key, as to the meaning of another word, a sentence, or a passage.
Any word typed into a search engine by a user in order to initiate an online search. Website developers strive to include as many potential keywords in their content as possible in order to maximize their potential visitors.