Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
Related to kick-start: Kick-off
tr.v. kick-start·ed, kick-start·ing, kick-starts
1. To start by using a kick starter: He kick-started the motorcycle and took off.
2. Informal To start or reinvigorate (an activity, system, or process): kick-start the economy with a large construction project.
1. to start (a motorcycle engine) by means of a pedal that is kicked downwards
2. informal to make (something) active, functional, or productive again
an action or event resulting in the reactivation of something
1. to start by means of a device (kick′ start`er) that operates by a downward kick on a pedal: to kick-start a motorcycle.
Past participle: kick-started
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||kick-start - start (a motorcycle) by means of a kick starter|