Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to kinetics: Reaction kinetics, Enzyme kinetics, Human kinetics
n. (used with a sing. verb)
1. See dynamics.
2. The branch of chemistry that is concerned with the rates of change in the concentration of reactants in a chemical reaction.
n (functioning as singular)
1. (General Physics) another name for dynamics2
2. (Mathematics) the branch of mechanics, including both dynamics and kinematics, concerned with the study of bodies in motion
3. (Mathematics) the branch of dynamics that excludes the study of bodies at rest
4. (Chemistry) the branch of chemistry concerned with the rates of chemical reactions
ki•net•ics(kɪˈnɛt ɪks, kaɪ-)
n. (used with a sing. v.)
the branch of mechanics that studies the actions of forces in producing or changing the motion of masses.
the branch of physics that studies the motion of masses in relation to the forces acting on them.See also: Motion