Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A South American tree (Dalbergia cearensis) in the pea family, having hard, fine-textured, purplish-brown wood used in cabinetmaking.
2. The wood of this tree.
1. (Plants) the hard fine-grained violet-tinted wood of a Brazilian leguminous tree, Dalbergia cearensis, used in cabinetwork
2. (Plants) the tree yielding this wood
1. a Brazilian wood streaked with violet, used esp. in cabinetwork.
2. the tree, Dalbergia cearensis, of the pea family, that yields this wood.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||kingwood - handsome violet-streaked wood of the kingwood tree; used especially in cabinetwork|
wood - the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
|2.||kingwood - Brazilian tree yielding a handsome cabinet wood|
Dalbergia, genus Dalbergia - large genus of tropical trees having pinnate leaves and paniculate flowers and cultivated commercially for their dramatically grained and colored timbers
kingwood - handsome violet-streaked wood of the kingwood tree; used especially in cabinetwork
tree - a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms