Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. The act or an instance of knocking down.
b. The condition of being knocked down.
2. An overwhelming blow or shock.
3. Something designed to be easily assembled or disassembled.
1. Strong enough to knock down or overwhelm; powerful: a knockdown blow.
2. Designed to be easily assembled or disassembled: knockdown furniture.
3. Reduced: knockdown prices.
1. capable of knocking something down; overwhelming; irresistible: a knockdown blow.
2. constructed of parts that can readily be disassembled and assembled: knockdown furniture.
3. offered or acquired for less than the prevailing rate: knockdown prices.n.
4. a knockdown object.
5. an act or instance of knocking down, esp. by a blow.
6. something that fells or overwhelms.
7. a reduction or lowering, as in price or number.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||knockdown - a blow that knocks the opponent off his feet|
blow - a powerful stroke with the fist or a weapon; "a blow on the head"
|Adj.||1.||knockdown - (furniture) easily assembled and dismantled; "I bought a knockdown chest at the do-it-yourself store"|
article of furniture, furniture, piece of furniture - furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
collective - forming a whole or aggregate