Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that leads or guides.
2. One who is in charge or in command of others.
a. One who heads a political party or organization.
b. One who has influence or power, especially of a political nature.
a. A conductor, especially of an orchestra, band, or choral group.
b. The principal performer in an orchestral section or a group.
5. The foremost animal, such as a horse or dog, in a harnessed team.
6. A loss leader.
7. Chiefly British The main editorial in a newspaper.
8. leaders Printing Dots or dashes in a row leading the eye across a page, as in an index entry.
9. A pipe for conducting liquid.
10. A short length of fishing line between the main line and the hook.
11. A blank strip at the end or beginning of a film or tape used in threading or winding.
12. Botany The growing apex or main shoot of a shrub or tree.
13. An economic indicator.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||leaders - the body of people who lead a group; "the national leadership adopted his plan"|
body - a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity; "the whole body filed out of the auditorium"; "the student body"; "administrative body"
Rome - the leadership of the Roman Catholic Church