Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Having or characterized by a single slope or pitch: a lean-to roof; lean-to construction.
n. pl. lean-tos
1. A structure with a single-pitch roof that is attached to the side of a building as a wing or extension.
2. A shelter or shed having a roof with a single slope or pitch.
n, pl -tos
1. (Architecture) a roof that has a single slope with its upper edge adjoining a wall or building
2. (Architecture) a shed or outbuilding with such a roof
n., pl. -tos.
1. a shack or shed supported at one side by trees or posts and having an inclined roof.
2. a roof of a single pitch with the higher end abutting a wall or larger building.
3. a structure with such a roof.