Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. Educated to read and write; literate.
b. Highly educated; learned.
2. Of or relating to literacy or learning.
3. Inscribed or marked with or as if with letters.
1. (Education) well educated in literature, the arts, etc
2. (Education) literate
3. (Education) of or characterized by learning or culture
4. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) printed or marked with letters
1. educated or learned.
3. of or characterized by learning or literary culture.
4. marked with or as if with letters.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||lettered - highly educated; having extensive information or understanding; "knowing instructors"; "a knowledgeable critic"; "a knowledgeable audience"|
educated - possessing an education (especially having more than average knowledge)