victualler(redirected from licensed victualers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
vict·ual·eralso vict·ual·ler (vĭt′l-ər)
1. A supplier of victuals; a sutler.
2. Chiefly British An innkeeper.
3. Nautical A supply ship.
1. a supplier of victuals, as to an army; sutler
2. Brit a licensed purveyor of spirits; innkeeper
3. (Nautical Terms) a supply ship, esp one carrying foodstuffs
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||victualler - an innkeeper (especially British) |
Britain, Great Britain, U.K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
|2.||victualler - a supplier of victuals or supplies to an army|