Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A buoyant device, usually in the shape of a ring, belt, or jacket, designed to keep a person afloat in the water.
2. Chiefly British A weapon, such as a blackjack.
1. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) Brit a club or bludgeon, esp one kept for self-defence
2. (Nautical Terms) US and Canadian a life belt or life jacket
1. a buoyant jacket, belt, or other like device for keeping a person afloat.
2. Brit. Slang. a blackjack.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||life preserver - rescue equipment consisting of a buoyant belt or jacket to keep a person from drowning|
float - something that floats on the surface of water
life buoy, life ring, lifesaver, life belt - a life preserver in the form of a ring of buoyant material
cork jacket, life jacket, life vest - life preserver consisting of a sleeveless jacket of buoyant or inflatable design
rescue equipment - equipment used to rescue passengers in case of emergency
water wings - a life preserver consisting of a connected pair of inflatable bags that fit under a person's arms and provide buoyancy; used by children learning to swim
pojas za spašavanje
đai cứu đắm