Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. White as a lily.
2. Beyond reproach; blameless: a man with a lily-white record.
3. Informal Consisting of white people only or excluding nonwhite people.
1. (Colours) of a pure white: lily-white skin.
2. informal pure; irreproachable
a. discriminating against Black people: a lily-white club.
b. racially segregated
1. white as a lily.
2. pure; untouched by corruption or imperfection.
3. designating or pertaining to any faction or group opposing the inclusion of blacks in political or social life.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||lily-white - restricted to whites only; "under segregation there were even white restrooms and white drinking fountains"; "a lily-white movement which would expel Negroes from the organization"|
|2.||lily-white - of a pure white color|
2. Free from evil and corruption:
angelic, angelical, clean, innocent, pure, sinless, unblemished, uncorrupted, undefiled, unstained, unsullied, untainted, virginal.
Idiom: pure as the driven snow.