Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to linage: lineage
lin·agealso line·age (lī′nĭj)
1. The number of lines of printed or written material.
2. Payment for written work at a specified amount per line.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) the number of lines in a piece of written or printed matter
2. (Journalism & Publishing) payment for written material calculated according to the number of lines
3. a less common word for alignment
1. the number of printed lines, esp. agate lines, covered by a magazine article, newspaper advertisement, etc.
2. the amount charged, paid, or received per printed line, as of a magazine article or short story.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||linage - the number of lines in a piece of printed material|
number - a concept of quantity involving zero and units; "every number has a unique position in the sequence"
|2.||linage - a rate of payment for written material that is measured according to the number of lines submitted|