infusion(redirected from lipid infusion)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. The act or process of infusing.
2. Something infused or introduced: an economy in need of regular capital infusions.
3. The liquid product obtained by infusing: prepared an infusion of medicinal herbs.
a. Introduction of a solution into the body through a vein for therapeutic purposes.
b. The solution so introduced: a sucrose infusion.
1. the act of infusing
2. something infused
3. an extract obtained by soaking
4. (Medicine) med introduction of a liquid, such as a saline solution, into a vein or the subcutaneous tissues of the body
1. the act or process of infusing.
2. something that is infused.
3. a liquid extract, as tea, prepared by steeping or soaking.
a. the introduction of a saline or other solution into a vein.
b. the solution used.
[1400–50; late Middle English < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||infusion - a solution obtained by steeping or soaking a substance (usually in water)|
black catechu, catechu - extract of the heartwood of Acacia catechu used for dyeing and tanning and preserving fishnets and sails; formerly used medicinally
solution - a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution; "he used a solution of peroxide and water"
pancreatin - extract from the pancreas of animals that contains pancreatic enzymes; used to treat pancreatitis and other conditions involving insufficient pancreatic secretions
|2.||infusion - the process of extracting certain active properties (as a drug from a plant) by steeping or soaking (usually in water)|
extraction - the process of obtaining something from a mixture or compound by chemical or physical or mechanical means
|3.||infusion - (medicine) the passive introduction of a substance (a fluid or drug or electrolyte) into a vein or between tissues (as by gravitational force)|
instillation, instillment, instilment - the introduction of a liquid (by pouring or injection) drop by drop
|4.||infusion - the act of infusing or introducing a certain modifying element or quality; "the team's continued success is attributable to a steady infusion of new talent"|
change of state - the act of changing something into something different in essential characteristics
infusion[ɪnˈfjuːʒ/ən] n (tea) → infuso
1. introducción lenta, por gravedad, de líquidos en una vena;
2. sumersión de un elemento en agua para obtener los principios activos solubles;
rapid ___ → ___ rápida.