Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
liv·a·blealso live·a·ble (lĭv′ə-bəl)
1. Suitable to live in; habitable: a livable dwelling.
2. Possible to bear; endurable: livable trials and tribulations.
1. (of a room, house, etc) suitable for living in
2. worth living; tolerable
3. (foll by with) pleasant to live (with)
ˈlivableness, ˈliveableness, ˌlivaˈbility, ˌliveaˈbility n
or live•a•ble(ˈlɪv ə bəl)
1. suitable for living in; habitable; comfortable: to make a house livable.
2. worth living; endurable: something to make life more livable.
3. able to be lived with; companionable (often used in combination with with): charming but not altogether livable-with.
liv′a•ble•ness, liv`a•bil′i•ty, n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||livable - fit or suitable to live in or with; "livable conditions"|
1. habitable, fit (for human habitation), comfortable, adequate, satisfactory, inhabitable It was voted the most livable city in the US.
2. tolerable, acceptable, worthwhile, bearable, passable, worth living, supportable, endurable, sufferable They were given livable pensions to sustain themselves and their children.