liverish(redirected from liverishness)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Resembling liver, especially in color.
2. Having a liver disorder; bilious.
3. Having a disagreeable disposition; irritable.
1. (Pathology) informal having a disorder of the liver
2. disagreeable; peevish
liv•er•ish(ˈlɪv ər ɪʃ)
1. resembling liver, esp. in color.
2. having a liver disorder; bilious.
3. disagreeable; crabbed; melancholy: a liverish disposition.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||liverish - suffering from or suggesting a liver disorder or gastric distress|
|2.||liverish - irritable as if suffering from indigestion|
ill-natured - having an irritable and unpleasant disposition