Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The passage of a ship through a lock.
2. A toll paid for the use of a lock.
3. A system of locks.
1. (Nautical Terms) a system of locks in a canal
2. (Nautical Terms) passage through a lock or the fee charged for such passage
1. the construction, use, or operation of locks, as in a canal or stream.
2. a toll paid for passage through a lock.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lockage - a fee charged for passage through a lock in a canal or waterway|
fee - a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services
|2.||lockage - a system of locks in a canal or waterway|
canal - long and narrow strip of water made for boats or for irrigation
system - instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity; "he bought a new stereo system"; "the system consists of a motor and a small computer"
|3.||lockage - passage through a lock in a canal or waterway|
(= canal lock) → Schleusensystem nt, → Schleusenanlage f
(= toll) → Schleusengeld nt
(= passage of ship) → (Durch)schleusen nt