Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An operator or a system that places long-distance telephone calls.
2. A long-distance telephone call.
telephone service between distant places.
1. of, from, or between distant places: a long-distance phone call.
2. for, over, or covering long distances: a long-distance runner.adv.
3. by long-distance telephone service: to call someone long-distance.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||long distance - a telephone call made outside the local calling area; "I talked to her by long distance"|
call, phone call, telephone call - a telephone connection; "she reported several anonymous calls"; "he placed a phone call to London"; "he heard the phone ringing but didn't want to take the call"
toll call - a long-distance telephone call at charges above a local rate