loosened(redirected from loosenedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to loosenedly: tripped up
v. loos·ened, loos·en·ing, loos·ens
1. To make looser or less tight: loosened his tie; loosened her grip on the rope.
2. To free from restraint, pressure, or strictness: loosened the requirements for graduation.
3. To free (the bowels) from constipation.
To become loose or looser: My shoelace has loosened.
1. To do stretches or light exercise before a more strenuous activity.
2. To become less strict or tense, as in one's demeanor; relax: always loosened up after he got home.
[Middle English lousnen, losnen, from losen, from los, loose; see loose.]